Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 preparer signature date error message

JaUrbanski
Level 3

I am preparing a Form 1041 return and the only error showing is one attached to the date in the preparers signature section of the 1041.  Error says date must be entered, but trying to enter a date is only allowed by override.  Doing that will not allow e-filing.

Anyone else same problem?  Any fix?

ProSeries are you working on this issue?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the date in the preparers section seems to be connected to the firm/preparer info section of Tools > Options 

Do you have that Print Date on Return box checked in your preparer info?  if you check that, it should insert the current date automatically.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the date in the preparers section seems to be connected to the firm/preparer info section of Tools > Options 

Do you have that Print Date on Return box checked in your preparer info?  if you check that, it should insert the current date automatically.

JaUrbanski
Level 3

You are correct, that worked.

I prefer not to have that box checked and manually enter the date on my printed copy.  But for this return at least, that works.  Thank you!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You should be able to enter it manually, I agree....but we gotta pick and choose our battles, sometimes the path of least resistance must be taken!