Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 ndistributable Net Income

hbmurphyjr
Level 2

I quote from the tax advisor, August 2014 on distributable net income.  I have failed in attempting to do this in my ProSeries software.  Any ideas on how to do it?  Or even if IRS will permit it?

https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2014/aug/tax-clinic-03.html

The implementation of the Uniform Principal and Income Act of 1997 (UPAIA) and the 2004 revisions to the regulations under Sec. 643 have provided fiduciaries with some flexibility in making distributions of capital gains to beneficiaries. Tax advisers should understand the options available under state law, including the "power to adjust" and "unitrust" provisions, and how those provisions intersect with Regs. Sec. 1.643(a)-3.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hbmurphyjr
Level 2

I believe I have figured it out.  Primarily, one has to make an entry on Schedule D as to how much, if any, capital gain will be treated as distributable.   Then, the actual distributions made need updating.  Finally, the amounts need to be allocated, by amount or percentage, on the K-1s.  Whew!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
hbmurphyjr
Level 2

I believe I have figured it out.  Primarily, one has to make an entry on Schedule D as to how much, if any, capital gain will be treated as distributable.   Then, the actual distributions made need updating.  Finally, the amounts need to be allocated, by amount or percentage, on the K-1s.  Whew!

0 Cheers