Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 freezing/still not opening

Highlighted
Level 2

I searched and saw the posts from December 7, 2019 when this issue was first reported.  At that time, the repeated answer, other than uninstalling and reinstalling, was that ProSeries was working on a solution.  It's now two months later and I still can't get the 1041 to open.  What's the status on the soluton?  

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Did you attempt to uninstall and reinstall the 1041 module?  I think thats pretty much the go-to fix for things like this.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

No, we haven't tried that yet.  Before getting our IT involved, I was hoping that ProSeries had fixed the issue.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  do you see anyting in the works for this situation? 

I dont recall seeing any other complaints about this recently.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@dcordes 

That post you saw from Dec 7th could very well have been from a prior year...they transitioned this message board over to a new style on that date, so all the old posts say Dec 7, even if it was from January 2019.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/form-1041-clients-from-prio...

And, I've seen similar messages for the 2019 program.  I can enter new client info into the 2019 Form 1041 program but I can't open an files that were transferred from 2018.  When I try to open a file that was transferred, the program freezes and I get a "ProSeries is completing calculations.” message.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Did you try what was mentioned in that other post, and delete those clients and re transfer them in?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Did you find a solution to this? We are having the same problem. I have been on hold with support for ever it feels like. I got through to someone and they couldn't help me and transferred me and I am still on hold. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

A rep from pro series logged into view my screen and walked me through reinstalling the program.   I was on the phone with them for about 45 mins.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@dcordes Did you have to reinstall the entire program or just the 1041 module?

0 Cheers