Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 clients won't open

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So i go to prepare my first 1041 of this season... and the file starts the ProSeries is completing calculations and only gets to 2 bars....then just the circle and the dreaded NOT RESPONDING... of course then you have to close the program, and re log-in, etc. I have tried other clients within the 1041 module... all the other modules perform correctly.  I have rebooted the computer... the board have any clues?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wmiller645
Level 3

We had this problem with 1065s. We had to uninstall the 1065 module and then reinstall it. If you haven't worked on any of your 1041 clients then this is fairly easy. Just go to Start (on windows), Control Panel, and then Programs and Features. Find ProSeries 2019, double click and it will open up the uninstaller. Select only the 1041 Module. Then when you open up ProSeries again go up to the Update tab and Select and Download New Products. Now you just select 1041 and it will only install that module. 

That's what worked for us. We didn't even have to transfer the data again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
PhilG_CPA
Level 3

I had this happen on a 1040 client before, but not a 1041. I deleted the client from HomeBase and then re-transferred the PY file. It worked for me. 

Be sure to run any outstanding updates before you transfer the 1041 back over from 2018. That should clear it up. 

I drive a minivan.
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

ok... tried that.. and even Refresh Updates.. did not help....

anyone got any other ideas??? thanks

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
wmiller645
Level 3

We had this problem with 1065s. We had to uninstall the 1065 module and then reinstall it. If you haven't worked on any of your 1041 clients then this is fairly easy. Just go to Start (on windows), Control Panel, and then Programs and Features. Find ProSeries 2019, double click and it will open up the uninstaller. Select only the 1041 Module. Then when you open up ProSeries again go up to the Update tab and Select and Download New Products. Now you just select 1041 and it will only install that module. 

That's what worked for us. We didn't even have to transfer the data again.

Hope this helps!

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@wmiller645  I am on a network... would I have to Unintall and install on all the other computers?  I only have like 5 1041s, and I actually do all of them on my computer, which is the server/administrator.

And, thanks for the detailed instructions...been a ProSeries user for a couple decades, never had to Uninstall.. and it scares me...lol

wmiller645
Level 3

You will only uninstall on the computer that you need to open the 1041s on.

And I know its scary, but if you only uninstall the 1041 module you shouldn't have any problems.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When you click the Uninstall button, it acts like it's going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic! It doesn't, another window opens with a list of modules to uninstall.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

**bitesfingernails   **cracksknuckles   **grindsteeth

ONE last question... do I need to have the 2019 ProSeries Program closed when I do this?

wmiller645
Level 3

Yes. The uninstaller will tell you that you need to close proseries first

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

This is why this board is so great.  you have a whole legion of long time users that are such a resource of help, valuable information, and solutions.

It really tics me off when newbies and inconsiderates get mad at people who VOLUNTARILY share their knowledge to try to help.

and... i'm getting so many badges the last two days, I feel like I'm ready for the OK Corral!!

CLR
Level 2

So the uninstall, reinstall didnt work for me.  What did work was to rename the prowin19 directory, install from the 2018 software, copy the 19data directory from the renamed one, then choose homebase, database maintenance and "fix" all the files.

MSABIN
Level 1

Your post was very helpful. It fixed our issue and saved me from sitting on hold for over an hour to talk to technical support. Thank you.