Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040NR

Tatyana
Level 2

Unfortunately, company's representative are not knowledgeable. I am forced to post my question here. I have unlimited basic with 4 states and 15 professionals. Does anybody know if 1040NR can be filed without any additional fee. Will this 1040NR return be counted toward 15 business returns?

Thank you. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I would GUESS "no".  The PRR pricing shows 1040 and 1040NR under one category, and 1120, 1120-S, 1065, 1041 and 990 under a second category.  So be me, 1040NR is not part of the "business" category.

Does your taking on his client depend on the answer?  If not, just start entering the client, click "print" and see if the program asks you to pay of if it applies the return to the 15 business returns.

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

1040NR is a part of Professional Software. I just can't figure out if they charge for it. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If you prepare a 1040 in Professional, you would be charged a PPR fee too.  I would think the 1040NR would be the same.

As I said before, probably the only real way to find out is to test it.

0 Cheers
Tatyana
Level 2

Thank you! Unfortunately, there is no clear answer from the company. 

0 Cheers