Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040-X

Level 1

Trying to complete a 1040-X.  When I try to print, numbers in correct amount column disappear.  What am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Level 15
Level 15
Does the original column populate or are both columns empty?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Level 1

Got original amounts to populate, but don't know how I got that.  Just went in now and so no numbers except "paid with original return."  The worksheet "original amounts" is there with the numbers.

0 Cheers
Level 15
Level 15

Your question kind of started in the middle of the situation, so lets back up to the beginning of filing an amended return.

Amended returns need to be completed in a particular order for numbers to populate in both columns of the 1040X.

You open the original return, then go to Forms and open the 1040X, mark the box for the year at the top, you have to do this for the form to be activated. 

If a state is involved, open the state return and open their amended form and enter the year on it as well...then go back to the federal return and make the changes that you are amending for.

If you end up with some kind of dollar difference (refund or balance due) between the original and the corrected, then both columns of the 1040X should fill in....if no changes to the bottom line, then you wont see the columns filled in.

Does that help at all?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Level 1

Hi - having same problem - did proper order - made the change - only net change column filled in not the first column, "original amount".

0 Cheers