Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Schedule K-1 filing delayed AGAIN

tomstires
Level 1

Once again Proseries has delayed the printing of final individual returns or e-filing of said returns which inlude a Schedule K-1 (1065 or 1120S).  From my perspective this is unacceptable that such a common form is still not filable in February of filing season.  Inutuit clearly has inadequate resources dedicated to the Proseries line anymore and for me its time to move on.  I hope others in this community express their disatisfaction with Intuit over the lack of attention to what is supposed to be a product targetied at tax professionals.

19 Comments 19
IRonMaN
Level 15

The returns can be printed.  So I print the return, give it to the client and then wait a few more days before it can be e-filed.  It's not an end of the world type problem.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This early in the season, people that have K-1s rarely have all the other statements they need for filing (they rarely have the K-1s themselves!), I dont think this is a widespread problem.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
msmith7305
Level 7

My question is, What does the K-1 input sheet have to do with e-filing? That form is not e-filed to begin with. Makes no sense to me.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I wondered the same thing.  But keep in mind, Intuit is the 8th Wonder of the World. 😐

Slava Ukraini!
Woody Bear
Level 1

What annoys me is that I won't get the refund as soon as I thought I would. I need the money. And of course Intuit doesn't tell you there is a delay until after you have paid for processing your returns.  They should tell you about the delay when you are plugging in the numbers from the K-1 that there will be a delay.  And tell you the K-1 will possibly need to be reviewed at a later date.  That's a bait-and-switch marketing tactic.  Every time you check to see if your returns are ready to be filed, they try to sell you add-on features.  I am the treasurer for an LLC.  I issued the K-1s already and filed electronically without a problem.  This delay seems to be nothing but a money grab to me.  NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

0 Cheers
BradJones
Level 2

It delays refunds!!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It also delays balance dues!

I don't get why a stinking worksheet would cause filing delays, but on the positive side, most folks with partnership or sub S income aren't typically the first people in the door during tax season.  It's an inconvenience, but it isn't the end of the world 

Slava Ukraini!
AcctgAssoc
Level 3

I agree that it's unacceptable.  We have some City returns that are also not complete and un-printable.  Year after year there are delayed forms with no legislation changes causing the delays.    Why can I file a S-Corp return with a K-1 in it but I can't file the personal return reporting that same K-1 income?!?  Makes no sense.  I'd love to get those returns out and bill the clients.  

0 Cheers
baflowers
Level 3

No, completely unacceptable. Why would anyone print an uncompleted/filed tax return and give it to the client. Obviously, you do not provide them with copies of the conformations of acceptance.

0 Cheers
baflowers
Level 3

I have approximately 20 corporate tax returns sitting here waiting to be filed. These are companies that we complete with the personals. Glad you have no bills to pay, supplies that need to be purchased or staff to pay.. 

0 Cheers
kgalland
Level 4

I agree. It is unacceptable and we are never compensated for the extra time the failures take. It is hard to talk to anyone at intuit from the US which is also very frustrating. They don't know the first thing about what a tax return is. A 5 minute solution takes an hour because you are placed on hold many times so they can lookup the answer or speak to someone else. I stuck with them again because there weren't many major issues last year but they will be getting poor reviews from me this year. From my many years of experience, Intuit does not seem to truly care about customer satisfaction. Ever notice how you never receive a survey when support can't fix your problem?

baflowers
Level 3

Uh, the income has to be one the return to file it correctly....

0 Cheers
baflowers
Level 3

Mine have been in early this year

0 Cheers
AcctgAssoc
Level 3

We've been able to e-file the 1120s and 1065 returns with no issue.  The 1040s with K-1 income are rotting in my rack waiting for the form to be e-file ready.  So frustrating.

IRonMaN
Level 15

A moderator posted  that the update is being rolled out today.  Next year buy a fridge to put those returns in so that they don't rot so easily.

Slava Ukraini!
baflowers
Level 3

Good one!

0 Cheers
BradJones
Level 2

The hell it isn't

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sometimes the yellow bar doesnt disappear, click the X n the right corner of the bar and it will close, you should be able to EF no problem, many other people have reported its working after yesterdays update.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Sdeininger
Level 2

THANK YOU!!!!!!

0 Cheers