Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Return Transmitted

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So I have  a return that is just 'transmitted', no submission ID or anything. But in EF Center, when I click on Next Step, it shows a return that has been accepted. Crazy, and it gets crazier. But here is the unusual part. Taxpayers got divorced in 2020, and I did the split the account, creating the xxxx_tp file and the xxxx_sp files.  I have double checked the SSNs to make sure they are not duplicated.  

so, again, this is the xxxx_tp file(taxpayer), and just shows transmitted. when I click nest step, if brings up the xxxx_sp file says in the pretty green thumb that the xxxx_sp has been accepted.

I am clueless as to my next step? do any of y'all have an answer, or an Intuit person that you could link to this?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
PATAX
Level 15

Maybe a contaminated or error file , I don't know... maybe it needs an update adjustment..?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So it doesnt show up under the Accepted Tab?

Highlight it and use Update Acks of Selected returns....see if it will pull in the acknowledgement.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

How did you create the xxx.tp and xxx.sp files?   Maybe that has to do with weird connection with xxx.sp file popping up when you next step for xxx.tp file.    Has the xxx.sp file been submitted/accepted?

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

I efiled one at lunch time today that showed the same thing "transmitted" but not being sent to IRS.  When the LLC to the state continued to go thru processing and did get accepted I did the Update of Selected return for the 1040 and all of the activity showed on database and the acceptance came thru.

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@dkh you can automatically do that in ProSeries.  Open the joint  file when they were married...and under File...scroll down to 'Split MFJ return".   I/ve done it before. Yeah the ex-spouse filed her return in April, and accepted then, etc.

So, I got live a person at Intuit, and after 1 hr and 57 minutes...and eventually getting up to a Tier 3 or Tier 4 employee, we finally got it resolved. I had 2 or 3 people at a time from Intuit sprinting all around my screen and ProSeries software.  Had to prove to each level that the xxx.sp would show up as accepted when you 'updated' xxxx_tp file.  

they never admitted what was wrong, we ended up un checking the e-file extension boxes, save the file to desktop. and delete the one in the program.  then restored it back to ProSeries and it showed accepted. Of course, we had unchecked the extension boxes...and the restored file showed late fling penalties, etc. But then I updated acks from the top toolbar (not in the EF center homebase view), and it restored the extension acceptance.

Side note, we spent the first 15 minutes with the Intuit person looking at one of my returns with the correct last 4 digits, before figuring out that was a different client.  So out of about 600 clients, I have two with the exact same last 4 digits.   Go Figure!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@Just-Lisa-Now-  NO... that was the biggest dilemma, would only get to "transmitted" not even to "received by Intuit'

0 Cheers