Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040 Overrides List

Hub
Level 4

Is there a report or a way to get a list of any overrides used in a return?

I am trying to figure out if an override is the reason the return will not transmit.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Only use overrides as a last resort.  Doing multiple overrides is going to result in a bad case of lots of trouble for you.

Slava Ukraini!
clr600
Level 8

Run review

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Overrides should stick out as a red error and dont they fail conversion if you dont uncheck the error correcting box?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hub
Level 4

Thank you all.  I do not have any errors in the return, just was wondering if there was a specific list just in case I missed something somewhere since the one return I have won't transmit.  Guess I call and sit on hold for support 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Have you verified your PTIN?   new this year    Tools > Options > Firm/Preparer Info    look for pink box near your PTIN# 

others have missed doing this and could not efile

Hub
Level 4

Yes that is not the issue.  Was just wondering why there isn't a way to show if you have any overrides on a return.  A list of overrides would be very helpful.  There are no issues with my PTIN or EFIN

0 Cheers
THEOLDTAXLADY
Level 1

I tried to efile a return and they said to correct overrides.  Tried to get help but didn't understand how to get to see the overrides in the return. How do I because I don't remember any overrides.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When you run through the REVIEW button on the toolbar, it should show the overrides.  But if youre confident no overrides exist just ignore the warning and EF the return.   And even sometimes when you undo an override, it still gives that warning, so the system is imperfect.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪