Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
15 Replies 15
Highlighted
Level 15

In Lacerte we just click the top of the description column and it will sort A-Z, click again and it is Zed to Aye. @Just-Lisa-Now- could probably share a trick for PS.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Not in PS. 

We can sort tables/lists within a form (like dividends on Sch B or other expenses on Sch C), but we can't sort lists of forms....like W2s, 1099's, K-1s,  Sch E worksheets, etc,

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

Just want to point out that entering each Form 1099 isn't necessary.  You can enter just the total.

And if there are so many that alphabetizing is needed, I'd go with running a tape.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

Yeah, why waste all of your time entering those.  The IRS never sees the data so don't waste your time.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I only enter them when they are for Box 3 Other Income.....Sch C I just report total income received whether they got a 1099 or not.

Highlighted
Level 5

Two clients in the past has received letters from the IRS for not reporting Form 1099M.

Just be careful takes less time to enter 1099M than answer letters fro the big boys.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Then they didnt report all their income...it wasnt that the 1099MISC itself hadnt been entered.

Highlighted
Level 5

Yes the letters stated that the 1099's were not reported And they were

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Then the income wasnt reported and IRS knows this because the payer issued 1099 forms to that person's SSN.

If you report 10,000 of income on a Sch C and someone had issued a 1099MISC for $5000 you wont get any letter, even if you didnt enter a 1099MISC in the program.

However if you reported 10,000 of income and someone had issued a 1099MISC in the amount of 15,000....you will get a CP2000 that the 1099MISC hadn't been reported.

IRS matches total income reported on Sch C with income reported by payers on 1099MISC....the total on the Sch C needs to meet or exceed the total of 1099MISC the payer's sent to the IRS, or you will get a CP2000 letter.

Highlighted
Level 5

Wrong in my cases

Highlighted
Level 8

I have had clients receive CP2000 stating 1099-MISC is not reported on return when the exact money from 1099-MISC is the exact money on return.  I did not enter the 1099-MISC into ProSeries because client did not provide the 1099-MISC.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Never had it happen here!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

The loneliest number.

Obviously I missed the question that used to be here.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

LOL  It was asking if they could alphabetize the  list of 1099MISC forms that were entered.

Highlighted
Level 15

He was asking if you had information for 5 client tax returns in the door and if you prepared 4 of the returns today, how many will you have left for tomorrow 🤔

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.