Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1. Please state the procedure and conventions for writing checks using QuickBooks Pro 2019? 2. Please state procedure for printing checks written in QBP'19?

awoodliff
Level 1

My needs involve tracking personal income and expenses and do not exceed writing checks, check-register maintenance and bank statement reconciliation.

Is QBP'19 the correct software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Sniff, sniff...   homework?

QB should work, but ProSeries most definitely will not.

And I'm not sure what QBP even is.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

Sniff, sniff...   homework?

QB should work, but ProSeries most definitely will not.

And I'm not sure what QBP even is.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

For QuickBooks, you have two processes. One is the Entry, which means you are creating a transaction. Secondarily, it is To Be Printed, or Not. Not, would be the status you use because it is an ACH, EFT, or handwritten, or other type of "I am just making entries and don't need to print." To Print is the status to use when you want to create a transaction and also Print it on check stock instead of handwriting it.

The Transaction Type you would be creating is Write Check or Pay bills or creating Paychecks, for Printing.

QB products are Business tools. You might like Quicken or Mint or a similar personal financial management for Personal.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers