Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1,3 2020 covid distribution

mikespinner
Level 3

I transferred a client that will be reporting 1/3 of her 2020 distribution.  Does the amount that is taxable in 2021 automatically transfer to the 2021 tax return?

8 Comments 8
Dana
Level 1

I just noticed the same for some of my clients, I was really hoping this was going to roll over in the software. I just completed the return and all the updates are in my software. Id love to know if they are going to fix this! 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

The 8915-F is not ready yet in any case.

Dana
Level 1

Thanks, I just did further reearch and saw that. Thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it! Dana

IRonMaN
Level 15

Slava Ukraini!
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

ProSeries should have had the 8915 ready to go a lot sooner. For goodness sake, we knew 1/3rd would be reported for 2022 and 2023 as well. 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

The IRS only issued the Final form within the last week.

I find it crazy to think ProSeries should have had the form ready by now. Especially for a form which will be used on only a very small minority of actual tax returns filed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But they could have had a draft out there like other software companies.  It would have shaved off a few of the posts that have shown up here.  I’m just glad I don’t have any clients that need the form.  But I do have clients that will need forms 2210 and 7203 so they do have more work to get done before they can take a break and pat themselves on the back for getting things done.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

WOW @IRonMaN   You are really just now beginning to impress me because I am sure would not be able to work as fast as you do!!!!!