Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without having to take my device back and forth, what options are available for using proseries basic and professional at both my office and home?

sharon1
Level 2

what options are available for using proseries basic or professional at my office and also at home?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Install the software on both machines. Copy the file to a flash drive. Restore the file from a flash drive. Edit and add data. Repeat. 

BEST to do the final printing and e-file submissions all on the office machine. 

You should always have more than one backup to be sure you don't loose data. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Install the software on both machines. Copy the file to a flash drive. Restore the file from a flash drive. Edit and add data. Repeat. 

BEST to do the final printing and e-file submissions all on the office machine. 

You should always have more than one backup to be sure you don't loose data. 

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
I agree, George, but I would do a Backup and Restore in Pro Series rather a file copy.  File copies leave out too much information. A computer expert told me many years ago to always be careful to label the copies so you know which ones are going home and which ones are returning to the office.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I agree, poor choice of words. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1891675-deleted-a-file-and-have-id8-from-nightly-... has just shown how poorly my choice can be in the "other" software. I will leave it to someone else to tell them that they are toast.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yes, if you use PPR,  file copy wont copy the PPR info and you'll be prompted to pay again.....Backup/Restore within ProSeries retains the PPR info for the client file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers