Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I go to print a return the program quits and doesn't print. Why?

fma-acct
Level 1

The program quits and prints only the cover page.  I have to reload the program and try again.  It does it again.  I keep doing this and it is very frustrating reloading and signing in again.  I'm losing precious time.  Never happened in prior years.  What is wrong?  It needs fixing quickly.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its a known issue, they cant figure out why its happening, so they don't know how to fix it.   Some people have it happen more or worse than  others, some people have not had the problem at all.

I find that when I uninstalled all the business modules, and only had the 1040s and states installed, I had no print/crash issues...as soon as I reinstalled a few of the business returns (1041 and 1065), it came back.

When my system starts doing this, I reboot the entire computer and can get a few more hours before it starts again.

Ive also opted for printing to PDF, then opening the PDF file outside of the tax program and printing from there...this is quicker than having to reboot the entire system if I only need the signature pages while a client is sitting here.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its a known issue, they cant figure out why its happening, so they don't know how to fix it.   Some people have it happen more or worse than  others, some people have not had the problem at all.

I find that when I uninstalled all the business modules, and only had the 1040s and states installed, I had no print/crash issues...as soon as I reinstalled a few of the business returns (1041 and 1065), it came back.

When my system starts doing this, I reboot the entire computer and can get a few more hours before it starts again.

Ive also opted for printing to PDF, then opening the PDF file outside of the tax program and printing from there...this is quicker than having to reboot the entire system if I only need the signature pages while a client is sitting here.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB

Please see the following article for more information: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1817710-2018-proseries-printing-randomly-shuts-dow...

There will be a Windows Hot fix released on or about 3/19/2019 that will address this issue.  This fix will resolve the issue on the following Operating Systems.

• Windows 7 Sp1
  • Windows 8 Sp1
  • Windows 10
0 Cheers