Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Client Data

hcliston
Level 4

I have a client with many financial institutions and hundreds of stock trades throughout the year.  

In ProSeries Basic, is there any way to import that data directly into the program, so I don't have to do all the typing from her 1099-Bs and other forms?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

What Jeff said... especially for covered transactions.  For non-covered you can still enter totals, but need to scan/attach the backup info. Or snail mail.

You do have to break out S/T & L/T.  Plus watch for any wash sales.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

You do realize that you can enter totals from the 1099Bs instead of entering all of the individual transactions?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

What Jeff said... especially for covered transactions.  For non-covered you can still enter totals, but need to scan/attach the backup info. Or snail mail.

You do have to break out S/T & L/T.  Plus watch for any wash sales.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
elaine2
Level 1

I am having trouble downloading the data from Fidelity into my professional intuit.

I have tried several and only two of the three dividends transferred and none of the stock transactions.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

In the 3.2 million hours that have been eaten up by people fighting to download 1099s, a lot of those returns could have been finished up long ago if they were just manually entered.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers