Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended 2017 partnership tax return letter doesn't recognize the return is being e-filed.

david3
Level 7

Client prepared and filed their original 2017 partnership tax return.

I prepared the amended return and indicated in section G that it was an amended return. I also checked the "Amended" box in the e-file section of the Partnership Information worksheet.

The return is shown in the EF Center as "Amended Return Marked for E-file". However, the client letter tells the client to sign, date and mail the return.

What else do I need to do for the letter to recognize the return will be e-filed?

Is it safe to assume the return is set up properly for e-filing since the EF Center shows that it is marked for e-file?

Thanks for you help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Tools>>Letters>>Edit Client Letter>>Custom Client Letter.

After the  Client Letter opens.... did you check (on the right side.. under Letter Paragraphs), the "Amended Return' and then save the letter.  

But you should only do this in a Custom Client Letter...or it will change all of the 'Standard" client letters going forward.

I have my default to ONLY print the Custom Client letter with returns... makes me open the custom letter for each client and review/edit it. Reviewing the custom client letter has saved me a bunch, bunch of times.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Tools>>Letters>>Edit Client Letter>>Custom Client Letter.

After the  Client Letter opens.... did you check (on the right side.. under Letter Paragraphs), the "Amended Return' and then save the letter.  

But you should only do this in a Custom Client Letter...or it will change all of the 'Standard" client letters going forward.

I have my default to ONLY print the Custom Client letter with returns... makes me open the custom letter for each client and review/edit it. Reviewing the custom client letter has saved me a bunch, bunch of times.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
david3
Level 7
Thanks so much. That did the trick.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try clicking the box for e-filing the 1065.  Print the letter.  If it is now correct, go back and "un" check the box.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
david3
Level 7
Thanks so much. This and the suggestion from dd4vols worked.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers