Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2106 Employee Office in the Home, how is Proseries setup to handle depreciation and purchases eventhough they wont be deductible?

JayBird
Level 2

How does Proseries want us to handle and record prior depreciation, new depreciation and 8829 for Employees with business use in the home. We know its been denied?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If this is for the Federal return, you don't need to enter anything at all, as it is not deductible on the Federal return.

If it is deductible in your State, I think you can still enter it on the 2106 and it is supposed to automatically transfer to the State.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If this is for the Federal return, you don't need to enter anything at all, as it is not deductible on the Federal return.

If it is deductible in your State, I think you can still enter it on the 2106 and it is supposed to automatically transfer to the State.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I think "supposed" is the key word here.  I think there have been some issues with that working as planned.  By the way, I see you met Leslie tonight :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
She's one of those people that I mentioned would be a bad idea if we worked in the same building together.  :smile::smile:
0 Cheers