Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real estate was purchased on tax sale, owner paid taxes, what form do I report the redeeming real estate on?

blewis
Level 1

took option on back taxes purchase of real estate and owner paid the taxes before the option deadline.  How do I report the redeemed real estate. was originally reported on farm property sch f.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

Not sure what your state law is, but if you never took ownership of property, there probably was no deduciton for RE taxes paid on Schedule F to begin with.  Normally buyer just receives interest on the redemption of taxes which would go on Sch. B of course.  But since you deducted the payment of another persons property tax I suppose you would have to report on "Schedule F as refund of previously deducted expense.  Hope that was your question.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8

Not sure what your state law is, but if you never took ownership of property, there probably was no deduciton for RE taxes paid on Schedule F to begin with.  Normally buyer just receives interest on the redemption of taxes which would go on Sch. B of course.  But since you deducted the payment of another persons property tax I suppose you would have to report on "Schedule F as refund of previously deducted expense.  Hope that was your question.

0 Cheers