Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax refund

jnfsg
Level 1

Has anyone had a problem in getting refund information from the IRS. I have a handful of clients that when they go to the IRS site the page only says its being processed. No other information is available and the message never changes. In some cases the filings are 8-10 weeks ago.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

A number of people have mentioned this.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

Yes, a lot of things are likely stacked in the incoming mail/virtual pile, waiting for IRS to return to work.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I have several at the 8 week mark. Best we can tell them is to be patient. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

They have evidently changed their focus from processing legitimate refunds to sending out stimulus checks to dead people.    But then again, they are doing pretty good for only having 7 employees working these days.

Slava Ukraini!
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I've got 4 on hold for processing with no notices issued, but nothing to do but wait till IRS is operational again. I am so not looking forward to that moment. 🙂

dkh
Level 15

Experiencing same thing.  Worst thing is one return in limbo is for a first time client.

IRonMaN
Level 15

For the record - it isn’t wrong. 😁

Slava Ukraini!