Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay per Return Fees

UnityJim
Level 3

Has anyone gotten a refund from the Pay Per Return debacle this past weekend?  I was told they would be issuing refunds for amounts charged to my credit card.  So far, no refund to credit card and no credit given in the Pay Per Return system.  I have not been able to get into the phone system in two days.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

25 Comments 25
lisa111
Level 1

I was on hold for over 3 hours and I found out that the Customer Service Center is in the Philippines and on that day there were only 10 people that could get to work due to the Coronavirus shut down.  They said that the following day, they were moving desktop computers home with a few people to work from their homes.  I am afraid that they are operating from a skeleton crew, if at all, now.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im afraid to try and authorize anymore...I dont have any answers, sorry, just know youre not alone.

The alert says it could take 7-10 days for the refund to be reflected.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/pay-per-return-timeout...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Let's hope Intuit needs a bailout:

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) said in a statement on Wednesday that multinational corporations should explain how they plan to move jobs back to America before asking for bailouts from the federal government.

“To any multinational corporations that come to Congress asking for taxpayer $$$, you better come prepared to explain how you will move supply chains and jobs back to America if you want my vote,” Hawley wrote on Wednesday.

UnityJim
Level 3

Anybody had an update on this situation?   I would like to get my refund or credit for what has been charged to my credit card.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I only had one that failed and I got charged for, but it hasn't been credited back either, it said 7-10 days, today is day 7 for me.

@IntuitAustin  do customers have to make a call to get the erroneous PPR charges from last week credited back?

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

Unfortunately I deposited a $500 sum plus tax on my credit card.  It has not been refunded.  Nor have I gotten any response from my phone call or this message.   Would like to get it credited without disputing the charge with my credit card company.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yikes, yes thats a big amount to be waiting for!  They only got me for $44.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Jim, Did you call the number on the CC statement or just the regular Intuit support number?

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

I have called Technical Support and then Customer Service, both at Intuit.  

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey @Just-Lisa-Now- 

Checking in on this.. It should of been automatic 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@UnityJim  Im being told that you need to call Support  😞   

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for-help/00/4714

I know you already have with no success, so you may need to dispute it with your credit card company I'm afraid.

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hey there. 

Any PPR charges authorized in error, should have been refunded. If you're not seeing a refund, i'd reach out to ProSeries Customer Service  They have new hours because of COVID-19 so check the number and hours before calling. 

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

Reached out to Customer Service.  3rd call.  Told I need to talk to Accounting which has different hours than Customer Service.  I will make a 4th call another day.  Very frustrating and frankly wrong on Intuit's part.  Just my opinion!  By now, someone at Intuit should know who I am and might actually try to call me; such a novel idea from someone who has used ProSeries since 1994.  

UnityJim
Level 3

Thanks Just-Lisa-Now

I will try one more time, this time with Accounting.  If no resolution, I will dispute with credit card.  Plenty of attempts here to fix the issue.  

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

Based on today's posted alert, I will wait another 7-10 business days for the refund.  It has already been 12 calendar days since the charge to my credit card.  Not a great response Intuit!  There will be no more banked amounts for Pay Per Return; just one at a time now.  

0 Cheers
bradstreet22
Level 1

They got me for $450. Still waiting on refund.

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

I truly don't believe anyone is working there.  Very disappointed and frustrated with Intuit.  I will wait another day and then dispute with my credit card.  There should not be enough cases for it to take this long to resolve.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  this isn't being resolved like it should be...should people just dispute with their CC company?

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

For duplicate charge issues, please reach out to the customer service team from 9 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST @ 1 (800) 434-6818

If you dispute the charges directly with your credit card company, it may result in negative reflection on your ProSeries account. Our customer service agents are ready to assist with any duplicate or incorrect charges.

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

I just got off the phone with Veronica who seemed to understand the issue.

We filed a claim for the charges that did not receive credit in PPR.

Still 5-7 days to refund to my credit card.  

But hopefully resolved.  

Thank you.  

UnityJim
Level 3

Well, that did not last long.  

My request was rejected because they could not see the duplication.

Not what Veronica said.  

Have submitted 10 pages of supporting backup. 

We will see but it better happen quickly.

My patience is exhausted.  

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

Get the issue resolved so I do not have to dispute with my credit card company.  

Surely it will not reflect negatively on my ProSeries account since it is caused by a problem you recognize and admit.  

3 weeks seems enough time to correct your error.  

0 Cheers
ff13ngfd
Level 1

Nothing here yet either...I am owed about $400. 

0 Cheers
ff13ngfd
Level 1

really...I have to spend time on the phone with the company that messed up to begin with?  Now...a threat that contacting my credit card company will "result in a negative reflection"?    WHAT??? 

0 Cheers
ff13ngfd
Level 1

NOTHING has been credited to date.  I don't have time to spend waiting on hold.  Please fix this ASAP.  I'm owed close to $400.  Not a good look for Intuit!

0 Cheers