Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password protect individual returns

jo1
Level 4

Is there a way in proseries professional to password protect a return and email it as a pdf?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Mohamed
Level 3

Thank you , i see it now.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive never used it, but the option is there...I use Bullzip and password protect if clients want something emailed.

pwemail.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you like the feature and use Professional, you are in luck.  If you like the feature and use Basic, it gets a little hairy - you have to use your own means to do it.  I've never used it, maybe because I used other means before they added the feature or maybe I don't have a lot of faith in Intuit, but I have always used Adobe.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@IRonMaN Nice play on hair. Don't you love autotrype?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Mimbreno
Level 3

I too use bullzip and just set my printer options in proseries to bullzip as the printer. Visit bullzip.com to download this free pdf writer that allows you to watermark and password protect any file. Bullzip converts the file to pdf with the options you choose to apply.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I need to set mine like that, Im doing double the work saving it one way then using BZ to save it again!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

@IRonMaN Nice play on hair. Don't you love autotrype?

I knew if only one person caught that, it would be you @George4Tacks  👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Eddie903
Level 4

I use the feature, it automatically makes the password (which ends up super long) and has to have outlook or a few other email agents.  I had a hard time setting it up but figured it out that I had a 64 bit system among other small issues.

0 Cheers