Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partnership return error (Proseries Professional)

Highlighted
Level 3

Hello,

I prepared a partnership return for one partner.  When I choose  electronic filling, I got this error.

"Schedule K-1 worksheet partner ID# Must enter a valid EIN, valid SSN, APPLD FOR,  for at least two partners"  and the area "ID No.".where I entered the SSN  turn red  although i entered a correct SSN.  How do i by pass this error.

Note: this partnership has only 1 partner.

Thank you,

jason

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15

One partner does not make a partnership.  You need to file a schedule C, not a 1065.

After a bazillion posts, I'm tired.
Highlighted
Level 1

I understand about the filing of the Federal portion on 1040-C but it's not allowing me to file electronically on the state for 568.  Is there a way to override this problem?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@CHRISTY wrote:

I understand about the filing of the Federal portion on 1040-C but it's not allowing me to file electronically on the state for 568.  Is there a way to override this problem?

@CHRISTY   It wont let you prepare the 568? or it wont let you Efile the 568? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

jason, do you have an LLC return youre trying to prepare?  Single member LLCs get reported on Sch C of the 1040.   If its a SMLLC in certain states, theres a checkbox for that at the top of the Sch C, then the figures will flow to the state LLC return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪