Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing pro series 2009 in windows 10

sdandersonz
Level 1

Hi,  I'm trying to install pro series 2009 in my windows 10 computer, but i'm getting a bunch of errors trying to do so:

1. .Net framework is not compatible (i have 4.8)
2. failing to connect server
3. failed with error 1113: DLL initialization routine failed.

Please i need help installing this software. I already installed 2007, 2008, 2010, ... 2019, but 2009 is giving me to many issues.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I have seen some errors in the software when upgrading the systems, so that is why I still have a WinXP machine at home just in case I need it.

Some of the old ones don't play nice with Win7.

I am sure that same occurs with Win10. 2009 is quite old, so you might want to keep the old PC just in case. You don't need internet connection any more since you can't e-file that far back.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Ernie
Level 9

@IntuitBettyJo  should I recommend that this user call support?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You are dealing with a year that Intuit has retired so you are pretty much on your own with that issue.  But as a side note, do you really need to load the software that far back?

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I have seen some errors in the software when upgrading the systems, so that is why I still have a WinXP machine at home just in case I need it.

Some of the old ones don't play nice with Win7.

I am sure that same occurs with Win10. 2009 is quite old, so you might want to keep the old PC just in case. You don't need internet connection any more since you can't e-file that far back.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Calling support wont help, its too old, they dont support it anymore.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jean0822
Level 1

I am having the same issue trying to install ProSeries 2009, 2010 and 2011 on Windows 11.  Are you saying I need an older operating system to run these year?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I installed 2011 on my new Win10 system, no issues....I havent tried 2010 or 2009 though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
LesterCarey
Level 1

I have a client who's server hard drive crashed, I was able to install 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, I was unsuccessful with 2003 & 2004 due to intuit turning off authentication for those years.  

The first thing I suggest is to install all windows updates, once windows says it up to date reboot the pc and check for updates again.  Windows update will install the latest .net in sequence.

If that doesn't do it, messages me back on this tread. I'm sure we can get it going for you.

Lester

0 Cheers

I have tried to open 2011 after I install it and it will not open. I installed 2012 and it opened but 2011 will not. An ideas on how to get 2011 to open?

0 Cheers

I updated windows and I still can't get the 2011 version of the software to open. I downloaded 2012 and it opened but not 2011. I have a client that needs to file a 2011 tax return is the only reason I need the 2011 version. 

0 Cheers
LesterCarey
Level 1

Have you run the pro series updates for that year and then try.

Do you get any type of error or it just sits and does nothing

0 Cheers

I did run the update and it just sits, nothing at all. I installed the basic for that year and I got it to work so I'm good. I will not be using the software for any other tax returns. 

0 Cheers