Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INDIANA AMENDMENT

Tiger5
Level 4

I filed the return both (state and Federal) and the federal got rejected and the state got accepted. i had to make some changes to the federal. how do i in Proseries basic amend the state return that was accepted with the new changes? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Generally you would activate the amended state tax form in the state return THEN make changes to the federal so the original and corrected figures flow to the amended state return.

Im not familiar with IN specifically, but can you open the amended return now, then just manually type the original figures into their amended return? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Generally you would activate the amended state tax form in the state return THEN make changes to the federal so the original and corrected figures flow to the amended state return.

Im not familiar with IN specifically, but can you open the amended return now, then just manually type the original figures into their amended return? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Tiger5
Level 4

thank you. i found its a IT-40X for Indiana that i have to fill out for state only. i have reverted the return with the numbers it had before the change and then added the IT-40X and then made the changes needed and it feed in the correct amounts. thank you for your help.