Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you manually adjust the research credit on Form 3800 that is from a pass through entity. It is limited due to the particular business had no 2019 taxable income.

drg
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
linette
Level 5

Not sure if this applies as it is not the same credit, but I have a 3800 credit that carries forward from year to year on the personal return and it takes income limits to use.

each year in proseries I have to go to the 3800 form and give it the information for the carryforward.

I have already done it for 2019 so I am not sure if I get some kind of error message, or if anything is carried to the 3800 from the year before.  What I do know is that if it is carried forward it is not carried forward accurately so i just have the note in my file to copy information from the year before until the credit is lost or used.

Does this help?

0 Cheers
coralli
Level 2

I have the same question....

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@coralli 

You asked this as your own question, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/how-to-manually-adjust-...

And you are being replied to, there, as well. So, you should continue your discussion there, on your own topic, and not this topic from tax year 2019.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers