Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO YOU ACCESS FORM NYC-1127 THIS YEAR

MimaCPA
Level 1

THIS FORM IS USUALLY AVAILABLE ON FORMS LIST.  NOT SO THIS YEAR. NOT ON RELEASE DATE LIST EITHER.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

36 Comments 36
Accountant-Man
Level 13

It's in my software under NYC Individual as a different "state," just like last year. While you are in NY Individual, you can see it on the list of "states."

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
MimaCPA
Level 1

Thanks, I had to update to download NYC-1127. In the past this was not necessary

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

Don't see the 1127 on list of states on the 2020 program yet.

skymax
Level 3

I dont see it on mine either.  There is no option to check it on the state list even tho I have the box checked to download and update the software...

0 Cheers
knightie
Level 2

NYC is not on my list as states. all previous years you go to NYS then NYC

Also missing are the 202 and the UBT

1127 I do a ton and I spent 45 min and turbo help had no clue

knightie
Level 2

the entire NYC program is missing

0 Cheers
knightie
Level 2

I just updated and its still not there. Are you using proseries. How did you get the NYC program

0 Cheers
knightie
Level 2

I updated and have the NYC program checked and still no NYC program with the 1127 and 202 forms

Please what did you do. I am using proseries

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

I had called support and they told me by 2/12 the 1127 would be added to the forms.  I THINK I remember this happening in a past year.  We will find out sometime tomorrow if this holds true.

skymax
Level 3

I am using proseries as well.  Hopefully tomorrow...

0 Cheers
DMG
Level 2

Unable to access NYC 1127 despite NY and NYC checked for download. I called tech support and they said form was finalized as of 2/10/21. On hold and no clear answer yet. I have been using the program many years. Guess best to wait a few days.

DMG
Level 2

In the same boat, glad you posted this. Have been trying to access for 30 minutes.

0 Cheers
terrij
Level 1

I am watching this as well.  I need to get into the 1127 form.  I've tried everything I could think of. It's not listed in the state list when i'm in NY.  There's no separate download.  

0 Cheers
barone3911
Level 2

doing 2021 returns been trying to access the nyc-1127 for a week now but cannot and get no answer from pro series, just horrible. is anyone having the same problem.

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

The same issue was last year.  They are saying the 17th.  When in NY click states and it will appear as NYC forms.  Try it tomorrow and hopefully it will appear.

0 Cheers
terrij
Level 1

Hoping it is available on Feb. 17th

0 Cheers
EMD
Level 2

I spent two hours last night and no luck. Downloaded updates this morning and nothing. Reconsidering new software next year. This program doesn't compare to others I've used. Such a shame.

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

I think the software is good but the updates / info on them arent,  Also if you noticed today with the update the 300/600 charitable donations dont carryover from the SCH A for those who do not itemize.  

0 Cheers
terrij
Level 1

What others?  I was going to make a move for 2021, but then got talked into staying with a lower rate.  Then when my bill came out, that rate is not carried through.  

0 Cheers
knightie
Level 2

last year it came to be on 2/27/21

0 Cheers
EMD
Level 2

Yes another nuance that's made me nuts!

0 Cheers
EMD
Level 2

I'm a big fan of UltraTax by Thomson Reuters and it's a toss up with Drake. It's the cloud that sold me on ProSeries.

0 Cheers
accounteck
Level 3

I have also been trying for more than a week. Still no luck and still no answer...

0 Cheers
midislandtax
Level 2

I agree.  This is so aggravating.  I have a number of 1127 tax returns that need to be filed and no answer yet from ProSeries as to when, or whether, the NYC forms will be available.

0 Cheers
sarr80
Level 2

Support told me 2/22/22 it will be available. Same issue last year. Not sure why since other software companies already have it available. I complained big time last year and they gave me two free corporate/other returns that I usually pay per return. Worth about $200. Using ProSeries 25 years. 

EMD
Level 2

It's been ready for weeks on UltraTax. I'm definitely going to call. I have too many clients waiting and one decided to go elsewhere

accounteck
Level 3

Thanks for the heads up

0 Cheers
Dee4
Level 1

I am also waiting for the form 1127, spent an hour on call with Proseries and the guy was clueless about it. He said would be available on 02/24/2022. Also the calculation tends to change on that, after the form is released that happened to me last year.

0 Cheers
EMD
Level 2

I don't see it this morning. I know it's not easy to find so maybe someone can tell me where to locate it.

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

It’s here. Do an update. 

0 Cheers
EMD
Level 2

I updated at 6am EST. Did it come after that because I could not for the life of me find the form and I didn't see it listed in my updates. I had an explanation form for the 1127 but not the return.

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

When you are in the New York State program or tax return click again into states and you will see New York City. The 1127 will be in there

midislandtax
Level 2

YAY !!!

The NYC form 1127 was posted to the site for 2021 tax returns!!!!

0 Cheers
skymax
Level 3

does anyone on this thread know how to get the 1127 to only pull in the taxpayer and not the spouse?  It seems to be pulling in AGIs.  I clicked the single box but that doesnt seem to be working.

Thanks

0 Cheers
Jamierac
Level 4

Yes you go into the 1127 and check the box for MFS.  Then you put the income in of the income of the on NYC employee (spouse) on line 2 of the SCH A of the 1127.  Dont forget you need to attach a copy of the NYS tax return to the 1127 efile,  

skymax
Level 3

Brilliant!  Thank you!!  

0 Cheers