Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head of Household

sharpcougar
Level 3

Need help please - Here are the facts: Single Mom living with her 25 year old son and he does not work  nor does he go to college. She provides 100% of his support. Is she qualified to file for Head of Household?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Qualifying relative, related by blood, should qualify for HOH.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Sounds like a yes.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
sharpcougar
Level 3

Even if he is 25 year old - in other words, he is not disabled and does not go to school? Basically he is lazy.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Qualifying relative, related by blood, should qualify for HOH.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sharpcougar
Level 3

Thank you! Love your posts. great help.

BobKamman
Level 15

Not lazy.  "Posterior-propulsion challenged."

sjrcpa
Level 15

and Mom enables him.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

It bothers me when folks label someone as lazy that they don't personally know.   Some people are just plain lazy but there are a lot of folks out there that suffer from mental health issues that prevent them from obtaining or holding down a job.  We don't criticize folks that have physical impairments that prevent them from holding down a regular job, but sometimes folks have impairments that aren't so visible.  With all of the protests going on right now in this country and with all of the personal attacks coming out of Washington these days, wouldn't it be nice if we all just learned to respect each other?

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

That's why we should use "lazy" as a substitute for "recovering addict."  Of course, that's not always the case.  (Sometimes they aren't yet in recovery.)  The question we should ask, though, is "what is Mom's plan if she dies tomorrow?"

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Fair comment. OP said lazy and not disabled so I assumed (bad move) she knew.

Mental health issues qualify as a disability to me.

Ex-AllStar