Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing fed MFS and WI MFJ. Only one going through because of the duplicate ss#. Only fed marked on 1 and Wi only on the other.

Prupet
Level 2
Any work-arounds?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 12

After the WI has gone through, go into the file and remove the WI check box to efile WI. Then open WI and save and close.

Then open the MFS for the one not yet e-filed. Save and close. Then it should be okay to go.; it shouldn't be  duplicate SSN any more.

After it is done, you can go back into the WI and check the box again, open WI, save and close.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 12

After the WI has gone through, go into the file and remove the WI check box to efile WI. Then open WI and save and close.

Then open the MFS for the one not yet e-filed. Save and close. Then it should be okay to go.; it shouldn't be  duplicate SSN any more.

After it is done, you can go back into the WI and check the box again, open WI, save and close.

Prupet
Level 2

It work like a charm! Thank you.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

De nada.

0 Cheers