Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANNOTATED TEXT INPUT ON TAX FORMS??

ERIC J
Level 3

CAN WE INPUT CUSTOM TEXT ONTO A PRE-PRINTED TAX FORM?  FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN I PREPARE FORMS 1040X AMENDED RETURNS, I LIKE TO MAKE CUSTOMIZED NOTATIONS AT THE TOP OF FORMS (eg "AS AMENDED") THAT I ATTACH TO THE 1040X.  THX ERIC J

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

not sure..  I have a rubber stamp that I stamp each amended page with "AMENDED".... I also have a rubber stamp for items that are not an amended form...but I feel necessary to send with the Form 1040X.. it says 'For Calculation Purposes Only'

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

not sure..  I have a rubber stamp that I stamp each amended page with "AMENDED".... I also have a rubber stamp for items that are not an amended form...but I feel necessary to send with the Form 1040X.. it says 'For Calculation Purposes Only'

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
RollTide68
Level 8

Print to PDF then Edit with your PDF Editor software (Adobe DC/Foxit Phantom).

ERIC J
Level 3

Thanks!

0 Cheers
ERIC J
Level 3
Great, thanks!
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Used to be able to do that with other software, for some forms, but the e-filing police have probably prevented vendors for using it now.  Use a Sharpie and bill it to the client.  

0 Cheers