Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8995-A

Grigor
Level 2

Is Qualified Business Income Deduction not ready only for Proseries or IRS actually did not finalized the form yet?   I dont want to tell clients it has been delayed again till 02/20/2020 if this is only Proseries issue?   Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

These forms were finalized back in Nov/Dec.  There does seem to be a delay on Intuit's part.  Unfortunately, we all have to manage client expectations somehow.  If you'd like to register your dissatisfaction with Intuit, this wouldn't, however, be the right medium as this forum is supported by fellow users like you.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/draftTaxForms.html;jsessionid=MWaN_yp_-o31Ewpe_9lfi_P7.20?val...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dsocpa
Level 5

I thought it was just me!!  Been waiting.  Client applying for a mortgage and anxious for completed tax return.

0 Cheers
Grigor
Level 2

Well in my case its not only client's issue, but mine as well, because I am done with over 75 returns yet, I can not do efiling and I had to go to Notes to make notes to me that all the work is done for those guys and that we are simply waiting for the final release... when you are working over 1000 returns this becomes a major disaster and if we are delayed like this (and especially when Intuit states that taxing authorities did not release the final forms), then we should complain and extend IRS deadlines... how can anyone expect from us to finish 3 1/2 months of work in 1 month.  I am so frustrated and upset over this and we did not even started the season yet.... 

dsocpa
Level 5

I feel your pain.  This is unacceptable.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

From https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/re-form-release/01/54350#M105...

Lacerte does not expect to have Schedule D out in time, so paper file.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns