Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 E-filing

TaxAndCoffee
Level 3

I'm having trouble e-filing a 2018 return. It looks like the Federal was transmitted ok, but the state has not gone through. 

Should I contact the state or is this still a problem with both Fed and State 2018 returns? 

Coffee is life.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was able to Efile a 2018 return on Monday, its been accepted.  It did not have extenders on it, those still aren't calculating in the 2018 software.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The state may sit in limbo as 'received by Intuit' until fed gets accepted....when you transmit together if fed rejects, generally state will reject along with it.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

Has the IRS begun accepting 2018 efiled returns? I thought they had held up 2018 until the retroactive law extenders were updated? I'm sitting on a few 2018 returns, let us know if the window opens up.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was able to Efile a 2018 return on Monday, its been accepted.  It did not have extenders on it, those still aren't calculating in the 2018 software.

TaxAndCoffee
Level 3

So, update: 

The 2018 Federal has been accepted, and I finally got the 2018 State to transmit today. 

Coffee is life.