Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 misc box 6 schedule c?

bardilltaxes
Level 2

Client gives me a 1099 misc with box 6 filled out.

Medical and health care payments.

She was out of work temp due to childbirth

this 1099 is from a health insurance co.

The back of form says report this income on schedule c.

How do I go about  this? It's not a business,

where do I enter the income and how would I answer all the questions that are on the schedule c information works on top of the form pertaining to businesses?

I just don't get it

please help and thanks in advance!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bardilltaxes
Level 2

It is PFL money paid, should be in box 3, the spouse has one with the money

in box 3...I'm gonna call Ins co tomorrow to correct it

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

It should be 3rd Party sick pay on a W-2.

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Box 6 is income paid to a service provider.  It is not a reimbursement for payment in lieu of wages during sick leave or reimbursement for medical expenses.

Do you have the facts right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
bardilltaxes
Level 2

She had those also

0 Cheers
bardilltaxes
Level 2

It says on any 1099 misc.... Box 6......for individuals report this on a schedule C

Ans she is the listed recipient.

bardilltaxes
Level 2

It is PFL money paid, should be in box 3, the spouse has one with the money

in box 3...I'm gonna call Ins co tomorrow to correct it

0 Cheers
DANNI
Level 1

I have a similar situation. My client negotiated an early retirement with his employer. As part of the settlement, his former employer paid for 18 months of medical insurance premiums.  Proseries experts indicated that I could record the amount on Line 21, additional income. I am wondering if there is another way to handle this.

Do you have any suggestions? 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The 1099-M with an amount in box 6 is supposed to be issued to the Medical Services Provider. It's for reflecting that business transpired (expense) between a business needing medical services and the person providing those services. Then, the Recipient of the 1099-M (the entity that got paid) is going to use this for confirmation that their own business income tax return has adequate income reported for purposes of the IRS.

Example: a client of mine is a phlebotomist operation, and for DOT and parental blood testing, she sometimes needs the services from a doctor. If it meets the reporting threshold, she will send that doctor and the IRS a 1099-M for those services, Box 6.

@DANNI 

Your own question on this same subject, giving you your own specific answers, is right here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/1099-misc-for-health-care-p...

No need to keep asking or to ask in older topics from other people.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.