cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI and rental real estate

Level 2

in the Schedule E worksheet I have marked the box that the rental real estate is a qualified trade or business, but the QBI will not calculate.

Please help

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

Ive seen other reports of this since an update earlier this week....I had one at the office yesterday, it seemed to work as expected

Down at the bottom of the Sch E in the QBI section, is it linking to a QBI worksheet? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

I just set up a rental on a dummy file here at home, it doesnt seem to be linking to a QBI worksheet, it just show Untitled and doesnt pick up the figures.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

@IntuitAustin  can you replicate this behavior?    I created a new Sch E worksheet, filled it out and scrolled down to the QBI portion and it autofills Untitled as the name and a QBI worksheet, but it wont pick up the title on the Sch E or compute the QBI.    I feel like it was doing this back in January as well....

Looks like ones with rentals from 2018 that carried over are computing correctly, its a new 2019 rental I can't get to work....(I havent updated since the 23rd)

Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you!  That is exactly the problem, when I put a new rental in it just goes to "untitled" and does not calculate.  Thank you, I will await further information.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue was resolved on the the last update of ProSeries, 2019.240
Schedule E Worksheet, Rentals and Royalties - QBI income was not flowing to a QBI Component Worksheet nor to Form 8995 unless the Trade or Business Name was entered in line B of the QBI Deduction Smart Worksheet
http://prodldfp.proseries.com/pro/2019/readme/pro_1040.htm

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Highlighted

@acdmbacpa @Just-Lisa-Now- 

There is already a discussion started on the same topic at:  QBI not calculating on Schedule E's