Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries cannot seem to display Form 1065 p4-5 Return of Partnership Income correctly. After Schedule M-1, Line 3 I just have blank white space. What can I do?

patrick1
Level 1

I have run all updates.  If this is not a ProSeries wide bug, do I maybe need to install ProSeries?  This is on all my partnership returns, but only partnership returns. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

I have occasionally seen this issue on monitors with high DPI Settings. Sometimes it can cause the fonts on the forms to stop rendering. This article can help you check the settings on your computer to make sure it's not set to a high DPI scaling. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606285-proseries-menu-options-truncated-cut-off-o...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IntuitCharlene

I have occasionally seen this issue on monitors with high DPI Settings. Sometimes it can cause the fonts on the forms to stop rendering. This article can help you check the settings on your computer to make sure it's not set to a high DPI scaling. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606285-proseries-menu-options-truncated-cut-off-o...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
patrick1
Level 1
Thank you.
0 Cheers
DavidC
Level 2

They fixed this for last years program.  Will they fix this for this years program?

0 Cheers
JohnT
Level 1

I have this exact problem:  1065 p4-5 does not display Schedule L at all after the end of Schedule K Analysis of Net Income.  Error messages tell me that there are problems on Schedule L, but I cannot access because Schedule L does not display.  I tried changing Windows Display settings, does nothing to fix.  Please help.

0 Cheers
MJPCPA
Level 2

No and they lied.  I expressly asked this question before renewing for 2020 returns. They advised me that their 2019 program error was corrected and it is no longer necessary to change display settings for various forms.  The first 1065 balance sheet I pulled up was a blank screen.  This can be remedied by changing the display settings but it is inconsistent.  This is unacceptable for professional software. 

0 Cheers
MJPCPA
Level 2

This remains a problem for 2020 returns.  You can experiment changing Scale & Display Resolution in settings and get a result, but it is not consistent.  This is very distracting when you're trying to work through a complex 1065 and you have to adapt for software errors. 

0 Cheers
MJPCPA
Level 2

I have been able to display most forms but not  M 2 by adjusting display settings.

For 2019, display settings could be adjusted to show all forms.  I am not sure I can use the program this year and hope I can get a refund for all of the PPR and license fee paid.

0 Cheers
Biglou25433
Level 1

I have been doing 1065's for about 25 years using ProSeries PPR. In 2019 I was unable to view the Schedules L, M-1 and M-2 which showed out of balance errors. Now we are into 2021 returns and this problem still exists. My Choice of font and display is necessary to read the screens to make the entries. Your product needs to accommodate all the schedules at the same font and display level. Got IT? WOULD YOU FIX this! 

0 Cheers