cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Basic Update for postponed Federal 2019 balance due

Has ProSeries an update for the postponed due date of July 15, 2020 for 2019 Federal balance due and 2020 Federal first estimated tax payment? Software has California updated.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

You didnt get the yellow banner alert across the program yesterday?  This tells you what you need to do in order to get it to transmit with that later date.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/turning-off-error-checking-for-electronic...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted

I think I need to clarify my question. The California Client Instructions read that the balance due with the return is July 15, 2020. The California Client Instructions  state the 2020 California Estimated Tax Payment, first one and the second one are both due July 15, 2020.

The Client Filing Instructions for Federal return state that the first Federal Estimated Tax Payment is due April 15, 2020. Not July 15, 2020.

Are we awaiting another update from ProSeries for this?

In this particular client's case, her first 2020 Federal Estimated Tax Payment is reduced by her 2019 refund. According to the COVID19 postponement, first federal estimated tax payment is postponed to July 15 but the second federal estimated tax payment is still due June 15. 😄 not very fair but this is after all taxation. And I posted a separate question about that.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

I didnt realize theyd updated the letters at all....I figured I might go in and edit the letter at some point (but honestly, my clients rarely read them)

And yes the 2nd estimated for federal is due before the first, Ive been kind of waiting for them to change that, but even if they dont, people can only pay what they can pay when theyve got it...so regardless of the actual due dates, Im just telling my clients to do the best they can to get them paid as soon as they can do it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers