Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you deduct employee home office expenses that go on form 2106

corinne91
Level 1

can you deduct employee home office expenses anymore?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not for federal purposes, but I'm sure you learned that in the CE classes you took for the 2018 tax year, LOTS of changes!

Some states will still allow them, there's a QuickZoom button on Sch A to take you to that screen to enter Misc. Itemized Deductions for the state.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not for federal purposes, but I'm sure you learned that in the CE classes you took for the 2018 tax year, LOTS of changes!

Some states will still allow them, there's a QuickZoom button on Sch A to take you to that screen to enter Misc. Itemized Deductions for the state.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
klimli
Level 3

Please, you CAN deduct home office expenses on your Federal form if linked to impairment-related work expenses from Schedule A.

Saying "NO" is not providing the diligence needed for this questions.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@klimli 

If you are going to discuss 'due diligence' you should have included these exceptions also:

• Armed Forces reservists.

• Qualified performing artists.

• Fee-basis state or local government officials.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

But no matter what due diligence someone wants to bring up,  I’ll bet $100 that the answer was absolutely correct for the person asking the question.  Besides, I think the Intuit statute of limitations on answers expires after 3 years.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Plus there's that adage of "you get what you pay for"....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"