Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York City resident who in NOT a New York City employee

Je9
Level 2

Using Proseries basic  - First year client who lived part of the year in New York City (July through December).  I have allocated the wages earned during this time to the New York City return with no problem.  However, I am getting an error message where it says I need to check the box for either the taxpayer or spouse who was actually employed by New York City while a nonresident.  The taxpayer is not married and never worked for the city of New York - I can't find the reason why this error message is coming up.  Would someone be able to help?  The error message is typed below:

information worksheet checkbox for taxpayer employed by New York City while a nonresident - For e-file a taxpayer or spouse return must be checked.  Please select either the taxpayer NCY-202, 202S or 1127 or the spouse NYC-202, 202S or 1127

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Je9
Level 2

Thanks Accountant man, I think it was just user error - I saw NYC return and thought I had to fill that out as well, which is where the error message was being generated from.  I deleted that because, as you mentioned, the NYC tax is already on the IT203.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Accountant-Man
Level 12

What NYC return? For individuals, the NYC tax is included on the IT-201, page 3.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Je9
Level 2

Thanks Accountant man, I think it was just user error - I saw NYC return and thought I had to fill that out as well, which is where the error message was being generated from.  I deleted that because, as you mentioned, the NYC tax is already on the IT203.