Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't 1041 returns open?

craig
Level 2

1041 returns will not open in 2018 program.  All other returns will open up

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hey guys, I know it's frustrating, and tax season is stressful on it's own, but let's keep it positive.  I can assure you wholeheartedly that we are actively working on resolving outstanding issues.

I can assure you that we will continue to track progress on this 1041 issue and report back as we have additional information.

We need to maintain a professional and positive environment, while i understand some of the things you are outlining above, we strictly don't have capability to provide.

At this point, since this conversation does not appear to be productive, I am closing this post shortly, if you have questions, please let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
26 Comments 26
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hey guys, I know it's frustrating, and tax season is stressful on it's own, but let's keep it positive.  I can assure you wholeheartedly that we are actively working on resolving outstanding issues.

I can assure you that we will continue to track progress on this 1041 issue and report back as we have additional information.

We need to maintain a professional and positive environment, while i understand some of the things you are outlining above, we strictly don't have capability to provide.

At this point, since this conversation does not appear to be productive, I am closing this post shortly, if you have questions, please let me know.

0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB

All- I just spoke with the team and they have had success with uninstalling and re-installing the 1041 formset as a workaround. Here are instructions: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1611816-how-to-uninstall-a-formset-from-proseries-...

0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
Additionally, are any of you on a Standalone system? Or are you using a network setup of ProSeries?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Standalone for me

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
Thanks for the reply @IRonMaN :+1:
0 Cheers
aztaxman
Level 1
When will an update be released to fix this issue...the customer should not be expected to delete programming files to solve an update issue
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
I am standalone and did not have the 1041 update bug as I did not update since Wed morning.  I just updated and it seems to work OK
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Standalone here.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Standalones:  1041 working for you?  Mine seems OK.
But I have to kick Intuit again.  Cust Service SUCKS!
You folks need classes in managing customers' expectations.  
Or get out of the Pro business PLEASE!  I have seen suggestions (begging) to divest Pro to a provider that cares about Pros because it’s apparent you do not care about us.
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
Thank you all for the replies.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I had to update this morning to get some returns transmitted and was pleasantly surprised that I could open my 1041 clients.  Life is good this morning ---------------------- I'm going out to buy a lottery ticket :dollar::dollar:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
aztaxman
Level 1
Katie

I ask again...when will an update be available to those CUSTOMERS that installed an update yesterday and s currently not able to work on 1041's as a result of yesterday's update?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
She posted that if you uninstall the 1041 module and reinstall it, the thing should work.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
The uninstall/reinstall is a workaround if you need immediate resolution.  We are actively working on a program update but at this point, we do not have an exact ETA. I wanted to esnure we provided a workaround in the interim to allow immediate resolve for those who needed to proceed at this moment.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Katie - it's March 7th today, everybody needs to proceed at this moment :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@Intuit Katie This is not aimed at you personally but at INTUIT.  I have asked numerous times for a list of what was fixed in previous updates but we never get a list.  Let's say I have a return that I filed and I believed it was correct.  Then INTUIT comes out with an update that affects that return.  How will I know that?  I won't!  So I may have numerous returns that are in error for my clients.  Pro Series / INTUIT does not care about that in the least!!!!!  

If they did they would provide us with a list of current open bugs and a list of fixed bugs so we know what is impacting our clients!  They even post on the Turbo Tax board before they post on here.  

So Katie - here are my questions - what are the open bugs?

What bugs have been fixed in prior releases?

If you don't know the answer to these questions who do we need to contact to get that information?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
"Let's say I have a return that I filed and I believed it was correct.  Then INTUIT comes out with an update that affects that return.  How will I know that?"

The next time you open the return you'll get the dreaded "Things Have Changed" message.  I guess they figure that's good enough.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
In the Foreign Universe in which Intuit lives, this is Cust Service.
0 Cheers
Wasacz
Level 1
Network version here.  After reading the work-around, we will likely await the update-fix rather than altering files on each workstation.  We are in a rush but not that much.  

Regarding the presented workaround, would Intuit consider a couple of suggestions?  

Rather than telling users to delete files, tell them to add .BACKUP to the end of the file.  Or at least make a backup copy of the files somewhere else.  This assists with quick recovery if something goes wrong in the process.  

The other suggestion - could Intuit provide the actual 1041 file names for the appropriate .inv, .rtp and .ver files?  Or do the files names differ between clients?  I ask because there are 30+ files with .ver & .rtp in our update directory, making identifying the appropriate 1041 files difficult.  (They may be the wfifpro-xxx-xxxxxx files but hard to tell for certain).
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There was an update yesterday afternoon that had some unintended consequences, others have mentioned the same thing you are experiencing.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1818053-after-the-updating-the-2018-program-this-...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They are looking into it.   @Intuit Katie   Im sure you'll keep everyone updated on this situation.

0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Yes, we have reported it to development and the issue will be resolved in a future update, but we're not gonna tell you when, nor tell you after it's fixed, because we do not tell our customers anything useful.  In fact, we treat our customers like manure.
0 Cheers
pamela1
Level 2
My firm is having the same issue.  We are so unhappy with ProSeries this year!
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
We are currently working on this and I will continue to update you as I hear more. Thank you for the tag @Just Lisa Now!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:+1::+1:

0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
@Intuit Katie BS.  [That's a tech tax term.] Intuit NEVER tells us when to expect an update, other than "we are working on it and it will be addressed in a future update."  
You folks do NOT understand customer service and managing our expectations.  If you just said, "We don't care about Pros" we would understand.  Because that's how you treat us.
You see the comments here about customers' failed expectations with Intuit, but Intuit does not learn.
You should be paying a focus group of us to comment to improve the product, but instead it seems as if you ignore all our comments.   
Oh no, time to get locked out again
0 Cheers