cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Tax Return for Pennsylvania

Highlighted
cjmcglinn
Level 1

The ProSeries program is saying that the Local Tax Return will not be finalized until February 20, 2020 for the State of Pennsylvania.  Does anyone know why?  This is going to be a huge burden in that I will need to prepare all local returns by hand.  That will be several hundred returns.  Very disappointing.  Especially since we, as tax prepares, are responsible for reviewing all information that is on the tax return prior to filing.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
All-Star

Intuit's response is probably that they are going to receive the final forms from PA late so they can't provide them any earlier than that.  The best suggestion I can give you is round up every other PA preparer and tell them to keep hounding Intuit until they get tired of hearing from you and move the date up earlier on the calendar.  

Wile E's Tax Prep, Emergency Brain Surgery, and Used Tire Shop - Nobody does it cheaper! Call 8675309 for an appointment today - or tomorrow, we aren't that busy.
cjmcglinn
Level 1

Good idea!  Intuit did this once before several years ago.  Strange part is that the local information is already on the websites for downloading paper returns to be completed for filing.  Ugh!

All-Star

@TAXOH  have you said that you fill them out online?

The more I know, the more I don't know.
All-Star
Yes, I have used the Ohio local returns online until ProSeries finalizes them each year.