Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit navigating program live webinar 11.19.18

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

all excited about taking this webinar.. but the instructors are using 2017 program! also claiming, oh, the program is basically the same to 2018.. umm.. no.. the program is not basically the same.. sweeping changes from 2017 to 2018.. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@jim or for anyone else who desires....but this is specifically at Jim. I am watching a recorded webinar from 11/16, its called "whats new in proseries Tax year 2018". They are specifically speaking on working from the 1040 to prepare returns. I know you and I messaged re: this exact same thing. They speak on other items as well. I am only 1/2 hour in to 70 mins but I thought I'd let you know. Im not saying this will be easy, i know it'll take a bit to get used to. 

If you've seen already, disregard my message. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@jim or for anyone else who desires....but this is specifically at Jim. I am watching a recorded webinar from 11/16, its called "whats new in proseries Tax year 2018". They are specifically speaking on working from the 1040 to prepare returns. I know you and I messaged re: this exact same thing. They speak on other items as well. I am only 1/2 hour in to 70 mins but I thought I'd let you know. Im not saying this will be easy, i know it'll take a bit to get used to. 

If you've seen already, disregard my message. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like the value of the webinar was about equal to what you paid for it. 

Did they really honestly, truly say the program was basically the same as 2017?   If so, sounds like they are like me and haven't downloaded it yet.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
yep.. it is not even intuit employees. a husband and wife that has a CPA firm in Florida running it. said.. maybe not verbatim but in essence they said.. we are using 2017 program but 2018 is basically the same
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Well, both years do say ProSeries, so I guess they are partially correct :confused::confused:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
it's pretty lame.. they are now on schedule C.. which of course  now has the 199A but they cannot show that since they are using old program..
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
is anyone else in this webinar besides me that is here
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm eager to hear on how well the 2017 program flows that through the return.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hahhaa! Funny @IRonMaN ! While I have not d/l'ed current software, I think we all have read enough to accurately state that this years version is not like previous years version.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
i was not aware of this webinar.
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
@garman22 download it so I can get your comments  :smile:
0 Cheers