Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

federal tax refund

mdtao31
Level 7

my client was due a refund 0f 4559.00 when i go to "wheres my refund" it states refund is being held

until more info is provided.it states a letter will be sent to client within 30 calander days that was over 2

months ago.

regards, LAWRENCE

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

While I realize you cannot contact the IRS directly at the moment, anyone here would be speculating as to why your client's refund was intercepted.  IRS would be the only one to have that information.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Things like child support and/or local city and state taxes owed can cause this.  Your client should wait for letter and/or consult directly w/ IRS when able to get specifics.  Typically agencies withholding send in less time, but with everything the way it is, not everything is open so that may cause delays too.

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

can't contact irs, no one there client is 88 yrs old and hasNOTHING OF THE ISSUES you

mentioned.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

While I realize you cannot contact the IRS directly at the moment, anyone here would be speculating as to why your client's refund was intercepted.  IRS would be the only one to have that information.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I agree w/ @AshleyatIntuit  . You must tell your client that due to Covid-19, it may be some time before this issue gets resolved. IRS is operating on a skeleton crew and due to that.....several key operations have been shuttled for the time being. 

BobKamman
Level 15

Good News:  Client is lucky to be alive!

Bad News:  Refund may be delayed a few months.  Take steps now to prevent same situation next year.  

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

tyvm

mdtao31
Level 7

HAGD

0 Cheers