Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact ProSeries Support in WRITING?

kgudgel
Level 4

I have a question regarding whether ProSeries notes are transmitted when client is electronically filed.  So, I want to have the information IN WRITING (as professional tax preparers we all know that we can't rely on he said / she said).

When I try to find support, the only thing I can find is a phone number to call.  I know that this question is not going to be able to be answered by a first level call center responder - so I don't really want to call and have to sit on the phone as my call gets bounced around until I finally get someone who truly knows the e-filing portion of the software.

So, how do I get to tech support via email?  Even a chat would be better than calling on the phone.  I DON'T LIKE to call.

I know a lot of other preparers love Drake - and the first thing that comes out of their mouth as to why is because of tech support.  I don't normally need much tech support, so that hasn't been a primary selection criteria.  But because I don't generally need tech support, I need to somehow get through that first level call screener. 

So, how do I get to tech support through text, chat, email?  NOT PHONE!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15
You can try by posting your difficulty here. If another user can not give you the solution, we can call on an employee to reach out for the solution. You can find many things by putting a short phrase, search and then select articles.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:
You can try by posting your difficulty here. If another user can not give you the solution, we can call on an employee to reach out for the solution. You can find many things by putting a short phrase, search and then select articles.

I think their question is   "Are ProSeries notes transmitted when client is electronically filed?"

I dont know the answer.   If you mean Preparers Notes, I thought they were transmitted with the file (not that any human will be reading them).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

You could try writing your question on a piece of paper and throwing it through a window at Intuit headquarters.  But then again, the only written thing you might receive from them is a cease and desist court order.  But if you are just looking for something in writing, you could always print the answer from @IntuitAustin 

Slava Ukraini!
kgudgel
Level 4

Lisa,

Yes, I am asking whether Preparer notes are transmitted.  I mentioned it in this thread.  But there is another thread where other preparers were asking whether notes on the Due Diligence (i.e. Preparer notes) were transmitted or not and no one from Intuit has responded.  Here is that thread.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-where-are-you-documentin...

Since Intuit has not responded to either of these. I will try to ask a "blunt" question and see whether someone from Intuit responds. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Based on the picture below, I would guess they ARE included, or it wouldn't be noted for Efiling only...but I agree, we've never seen it actually confirmed by Intuit.

preparrnotes.png

IRonMaN
Level 15

It has always been our understanding that preparer notes are attached with e-filing but any other schedules that the system or preparer may generate are not.

Slava Ukraini!
kgudgel
Level 4

Still no answer from Intuit regarding either:

1. How do I get in touch with them in writing?
  2. How do I check what will be actually transmitted when I electronically file?  (Specifically are the "Add/edit Notes" or "Reminder Notes" electronically transmitted if the box is checked to "Print" with filing)

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is no support by email or in writing except for here. 

They've never told us one away or the other exactly what is included in the Efiling.

There are no Intuit representatives scheduled to be monitoring this forum until next Tuesday.

0 Cheers
Sedona1912
Level 2

I am also sick of calling and have spent probably 8 hours on the phone with an "EXPERT" who do not know what "basis" was and then told me he "had already told me to much"  another one who has me go to payments to resolve paying estimated tax withdrawal issues,

and on and on --- I must have called 8 times this year only once did I get someone who was helpful and seemed to understand tax and accounting terminolgy.   We should be getting credit for time spent on phone I have screen shots showing I was on the phone 2 hours and 28 minutes before they would acknowledge there was a problem with the software and not how I was using it --- and another 1 hour 22 minutes.  Why can't they call us back with answers and not have us training their "EXPERTS".