Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 9325 Box 5 Rejection Notices on future withdrawal payment dates

Highlighted
Level 1

Virtually all returns filed with a future withdrawal date from a client's checking account (prior to April 15) receive a refection notice on Form 9325, yet those whose date has arrived find that the IRS indeed has withdrawn the funds.  What gives? Last year Box 4 on Form 9325 was the norm.  This year everyone having to pay using checking account withdrawal is being shown with Box 5 rejection of payment method shown. What gives?  This has been disturbing to my clients.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Its probably a false rejection, happened last year also, and happened to Lacerte users a few weeks ago as well.  I have no clue why.

If you call the EFW phone number (its on the 9325 I believe), you'll find that they did actually get scheduled.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  can you get this to whomever can get a fix implemented...I think Lacerte's issue was finally fixed, then it started happening to ProSeries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 3

As Lisa states this is an error that is happening on form 9325 but if you call 1-888-353-4537 you will get confirmation on the withdrawal date. It is an automated system and it does not have a wait time to get through. 

0 Cheers