Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2555 error message stating qualifying days for foreign earned income exclusion aren't calculated

ProSucks
Level 2

I spent hours and hours trying to remove an error, including uninstalling and  reinstalling the 1040 module in Proseries, stating that qualifying days for foreign earned income exclusion aren't calculated.

Why didn't Proseries send out a message about this program error?  I pay money for this lousy service?  At least notify Proseries users that there is a program error.

Also my "Where do I enter" feature doesn't work.

This software sucks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15
Muffinman2020
Level 3

This sucks. This kind of error shouldn't happen at this busiest time of the year. They must seriously take this problem and fix this error as soon as possible.  

JrKovan
Level 2

Answer is because the software sucks and the company doesn't care about any of us. Switching next year. Any recommendations?

ProSucks
Level 2

I agree.  And if one has a problem and calls support, one is put on hold for 30 minutes, and after an additional hour or two, technical support is unable to fix one's problem with the software.

I can no longer see alerts and my feature, "where can I  find" doesn't work, and no one in technical support can fix my problems.

ProSeries sucks.

0 Cheers
JCAparicio
Level 2

CCH ProSystem fx and Ultra Tax CS are the best on this industry that I started requesting Quotes for this year.  Unbelievable from Professional Proseries with Form 2555 issues for 2 weeks at this time of the year. 05/04/2020

0 Cheers
JCAparicio
Level 2

I have been waiting for an update to fix this error message (10 days since April 20). The only way to Efile is unchecking option "Enable conversion error checking" at your own risk assuming everything is correct on Form 2555. It is frustrated and disappointed that Professional Proseries is having a bug or issues with a Form by the end of April and taking more than 10 days to fix the problem after it was reported. I lost time and money first trying to figure out the problem even deleting the entire return and transfer the client again and also deleting the form itself and filling out all the information. Tech Support just said 'WAIT' for the upcoming udate. WHEN??????????????  05/04/2020

JrKovan
Level 2

5 to 1 odds in Vegas that it won't be until June 15.... that is about the only bets being taken right now in Las Vegas, unfortunately.

0 Cheers