Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2106 will not transfer to 1040

elaine63
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

EE business expenses (with very few exceptions...) aren't deductible for Federal purposes, per TCJA 2017 .

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
16 Comments 16
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
You have to click box at top of form 2106 under line C to get it to flow to 1040.  This is for reserve duty or performance based employee expenses or impairment work expense.  There is a workflow to get it there.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

EE business expenses (with very few exceptions...) aren't deductible for Federal purposes, per TCJA 2017 .

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8

Right.  Are you a paid professional?  I assume your jurisdiction, or your personal professionalism require some kind of continuing education.  You should get a refund.

0 Cheers
elaine63
Level 2
what do you mean "right"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
He means *right*, it doesn't transfer because it SHOULDN'T transfer.  See the posts below.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
And giving Marc a 'no' vote isn't nice.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
@elaine63   Are you a paid professional?  I assume your jurisdiction, or your personal professionalism require some kind of continuing education.  You should get a refund.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
:joy::joy:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
elaine63
Level 2
Yes I am I was saying that I did not understand his answer
0 Cheers
elaine63
Level 2
Yes I saw the new law but is there any other way to file vehicle expenses without form 2106
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Posting the same question on the "other forum" isn't going to get you a different answer.

I suggest reviewing your CPE on the new tax law.

And, going forward, suggest to your client that s/he discuss getting reimbursed for those expenses.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It never transferred to the 1040 to begin with, it would appear on the Sch A, if it was still allowed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
good point :+1::+1:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Come on guys, there isn't any reason to beat up on Elaine.  We all make mistakes, and I don't think anyone here would appreciate it if the whole forum piled on when we made that mistake.  We all think that whatever we know, everybody here should know.  There is a lot of tax crap I don't know and sometimes that is evident when I answer a question wrong.  So other than maybe taxiowa or Phoebe, nobody here knows everything there is to know about taxes.  If you feel the need to kick something or someone because you are having a bad day, save your kicks for Intuit.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

this is good.... I sometimes think, even as a CPA, that I don't know as much as I should about taxes all the time.  All I have to do from now on, is just review some of the  questions on here........and I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me! 🙂

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
and you take continuing ed 1) because it's required and 2) you are a pro and have pride in your professionalism
0 Cheers