Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter a 1099-MISC with only last 4 digits from payor

cpa4
Level 2

My client received a 1099 with the first 5 digits of the Payor's SSN redacted.   How do I entered this on the 1099-MISC worksheet?  I tried entering 5 zeros, but it said it wasn't in the proper range.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Agree with above....that information isn't sent with the return, it's just for your own info, just make up a number if you want to use the worksheet.

Otherwise you can just include that income on the Income line on the proper form, I don't use the worksheet unless its got withholding on it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Make it up. That entry is not an error for efiling.

If you're really hung up about using a correct EIN, delete the 1099 misc and manually enter the dollars on the Sch C. You don't need to enter 1099 misc, ever.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Agree with above....that information isn't sent with the return, it's just for your own info, just make up a number if you want to use the worksheet.

Otherwise you can just include that income on the Income line on the proper form, I don't use the worksheet unless its got withholding on it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪