Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know what it means when "The file is locked by another user" when there are no other users?

Accountant-Man
Level 12

I have to exit PS and then open again. Sometimes I have to re-boot the PC.

I also have an issue, in the same mode, when the software tells me I have to use only 8 digits for the file name, although I have often used more, and they used to always work.

Win7 or Win10, 64-bit, computers have the same issues, sometimes.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitKatieB

It sounds like you may have real-time scanning enabled on ProSeries via a third party application. Excluding ProSeries from real-time backups or anti-virus programs should help resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitKatieB

It sounds like you may have real-time scanning enabled on ProSeries via a third party application. Excluding ProSeries from real-time backups or anti-virus programs should help resolve this issue.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12
Like Norton?
** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
Yes exactly. You can continue to run that program, but simply excluding ProSeries will do the trick. You will likely notice slightly increased speeds in the program as well.
0 Cheers