Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you give client's client copy or the filing copy? The client copy seems to be overkill

Golfer2016
Level 2

I have always gave clients the filing copy. Do you do the same? Just seems like the client copy could confuse the clients and it's also more expensive to mail.

thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I only print the Filing Copy and I add a few extra forms/worksheets to it in the Print Options...Ive never printed a Client Copy or Preparer Copy

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Why do you say it is more expensive to mail? Are you including all of the input worksheets?

There's your cost.

I have always given the Client Copy, and the only page included there that is NOT on the Filing Copy is the Slip Sheet.

I also give the two year comparisons, because clients like to see that. IRS doesn't care about that.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

You have to take a minute and set-up what you want to have print for the Client copy, otherwise you are getting a ton of worksheets etc. The Filing copy is limited. I also send informational pages to the clients if I think they would appreciate it or should have it, comparisons, depreciation schedules etc.

As far as cost, I use Flat Rate Priority Mail at USPS.com regardless of the weight. It may cost a little more, occasionally, but it gives me some peace of mind with tracking and delivery confirmation at a fixed cost.

Jon-L
Level 3

Is there an "EASY" way to have the client copy generate the same forms.  I like to give clients the filing copy (without all the excess and meaningless forms for the client) but I'd like to mask the confidential info birthdate & SSN? 

Proseries should make this easy.  Going in form by form takes a really long time, especially when you have to do it each year.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
2 year old post Jon, you may want to start your own thread with a new question. I just give clients the filing copy, same as what I keep with a few extra worksheets added, so Im not very helpful with this, others may have some better ideas.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers