Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client day traded over $1,000,000,000. The program does not go past $999,999,999. Help :)

kirk-ritchie
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Can you override with the gain/loss without indicating any proceeds/cost bases and refer to a statement attached?  I'm presuming your client didn't quite make as much money.

I would surmise that the volume of your client's trading must be substantial and the activity may constitute trade or business.  Are these transactions being reported on Sch C, subject to SE-tax, but without cap loss limitation or Sch D?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Can you override with the gain/loss without indicating any proceeds/cost bases and refer to a statement attached?  I'm presuming your client didn't quite make as much money.

I would surmise that the volume of your client's trading must be substantial and the activity may constitute trade or business.  Are these transactions being reported on Sch C, subject to SE-tax, but without cap loss limitation or Sch D?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers