Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carry forward 8938

Level 1

Is there a way to only carry forward form 8938 in a return?

I have completed 5 years of taxes - but I have to go back and do a 8938 for all the years - can I just carry a sole form through the years? 


Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15
Level 15

No, when you transfer from year to year its the entire file.

Level 8

I have a suggestion.   Go back to the oldest year and complete the form 8938.  Use this file help make changes to the next oldest year federal carryover worksheets without having to re-enter everything.   And then repeat same process for next year.   Probably best to make backup of each year before proceeding.

............are we there yet?